Fellowships for Learning and Teaching
The Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) fellowships program advances learning and teaching in higher education by supporting leading educators to undertake strategic, high-profile activities in areas of importance to the sector.
Fellowship selection is based on individuals’ demonstrated leadership capacity in higher education. The fellowships are prestigious acknowledgements of individuals’ expertise and influence and, as such, are highly valued by UNSW. Fellowships afford opportunities for individuals to undertake strategic programs of activities around identified educational issues, to develop their knowledge of the broader higher education environment in Australia, and to practise and further develop their leadership skills in this area.
- Up to 4 National Senior Teaching Fellowships are available in 2013
- Up to 6 National Teaching Fellowships are available in 2013
- UNSW nominations closed Friday 7 January 2013.
- OLT nominations closed Friday 1 February 2013.
Further information and advice
- For grant application and teaching award advice email OLT Grants
- Further information is also available on the federal government's Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT) website.
- You may find this page, Gathering evidence of your teaching practice, useful for your application.
The Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA) Fellowship Professional Recognition and Development Scheme recognises higher education teaching and supports learning and teaching that satisfies quality standards related to a set of criteria. It then builds on that recognition by designing and implementing advanced professional development activities to ensure that the standards are maintained and built upon. A HERDSA Fellowship (FHERDSA) is awarded to applicants who satisfy the standards of the Scheme.
For more information visit HERDSA website