Associate Professor Leanne Piggott is the Academic Director of WIL Central in the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Education, where she provides academic oversight and strategic leadership for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) at UNSW. Leanne is also the Education Co-Director at the Centre for Social Impact at the UNSW Business School where she has developed an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses and programs in social impact.
Before joining UNSW, Leanne held a number of senior leadership and management positions at the University of Sydney. Leanne’s decades of higher education experience in program development and teaching include expertise in online learning and WIL, about which she also has an active research interest. Her recent co-authored publications focus on the design and delivery of inter-disciplinary WIL project-based courses and preparing students for the changing nature of the workforce.
Leanne’s achievements in education have been recognised locally, nationally, and internationally including an Australian College of Educators’ National Teaching Award. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA). Leanne is an Education Focused academic providing leadership and vision in learning and teaching across UNSW and in the higher education sector.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire if Leanne is available to mentor you.
Learning and Teaching
- student learning
- learning and teaching curriculum design
- assessment and feedback
- peer review of curriculum
- formative peer observation of teaching
- convening a course
- integrating technologies into learning and teaching
- active learning spaces
- general teaching methods
- development of an application for a research grant
- feedback on a journal article
- feedback on a conference paper
- reviewing a journal article
- managing research data
- conducting interviews and focus groups
- working with statistics within research projects
- establishing a research profile
- how to decide on career priorities
- identifying leadership opportunities in learning and teaching, research and social engagement
- Work Integrated Learning
Conditions for mentoring facilitation
- one-on-one mentoring
- 1-2 mentees at any stage
Academic level of potential mentees
- Lecturer B
- Lecturer C
Willing to mentor only within my discipline.