This is a Moodle activity module that allows instructor to create a checklist / to-do list / task list for their students to work through. The instructor can monitor all the students' progress, as they tick off each of the items in the list. Items can be indented and marked as optional. Students are presented with a simple bar showing how far they have progressed through the required/optional items and can add their own, private, items to the list. This is a gradable activity.
These are some of the major features of this activity.
- Choose whether students or teachers can check-off items
- Students can add their own notes to their checklist
- Dates can be added to items (and exported to the calendar)
- Teachers can comment on an individual student's items
- Progress is exported to the gradebook
- Choice of colours for each checklist item
- Heading items (without checkboxes)
- Import list of current course activities and automatically check-off as activities completed
2. In the relevant section, click Add an activity or resource and select Checklist from the drop-down list.
3. In the Adding a new Checklist page type the required name to the Checklist and select the setting options based on specific features required.
4. Once you have completed the basic settings select .
5. On the next page create your checklist in the Edit Checklist section.
6. Once you have completed designing your Checklist select the Preview option to check the setup.
7. In the View progress section, you can view the progress of each student, either as a generic progress bar or individual tasks.
Tasked based progress:
The Checklist progress can also be added as a block within the course page. It also comes with a grade export option which will create a customisable Excel spreadsheet containing all the checkmarks from a single checklist.
Steps to add a Checklist Block is listed below:
1. Once you have created the Checklist activity in the course, in the course homepage, select Add a Block and select Checklist from the list.
2. In the new Checklist block, select Configure Checklist Block.
3. You can then keep a check list overview ( if there are multiple checklists within the course) or select a single checklist.