What is Digital Uplift?
The Digital Uplift initiative will enhance over 660 courses across the university for blended and fully online delivery over 5 years to improve the student experience and learning outcomes.
Background and benefits
The digital landscape is changing the way students interact and learn. We want to equip and enable our course academics to be ready for this change. Some benefits include:
- Opportunities to create more user-friendly and engaging learning environments for students
- Opportunities to experience and introduce new innovative learning and teaching practices
- Personalised and flexible learning opportunities that give students access to multiple formats of resources accessible anytime, anywhere
A streamlined process to support you
The educational design and development process runs through approximately 15 weeks. The structure has been refined over the past two years in partnership with the PVCE team by approximately 100 academics going through Digital Uplift.
- You will redesign your course and contribute to the creation of digital solutions
- You will be supported every step of the journey by a team of educational developers who have experience in their respective discipline and pedagogy
- In addition, you will receive funding that can be used to free up time to work on the Digital Uplift project and to support the development of digital resources during the project
How we help you?
- You will be supported by knowledgeable multi-disciplinary educational developers who are experienced in pedagogical practice
- This specialised team combines their subject matter knowledge in various academic disciplines with their ability to integrate pedagogical approaches which has been shown to increase student participation, enjoyment and achievement
- Our educational developers generally have research degrees and experience in teaching in a university context so they understand the perspective that the researcher brings to the classroom, as well as the demands placed on academics
- If you would like to consider accessing support for your course through Digital Uplift, please contact your Head of School and Associate/Deputy Dean of Education
Examples of Digital Resources
The Digital Uplift program was initiated in 2017. As of the end of 2018, the our Portfolio's multidisciplinary course design teams have uplifted over 180 courses across UNSW. Our educational developers have collaborated with course coordinators to develop:
- Automated Moodle assessments
- Interactive online lessons with personalised feedback and adaptive learning pathways
- Demonstration, problem-solving, course orientation and topic introduction videos
- Object-making and off-site videos, and interviews with industry experts
- Accessibility, apps and scenario-based learning
- Virtual tours, 3D models and simulations
- AR/VR immersive environments
- Animations and graphics design
To see examples of these digital learning tools and educational technologies in the context of faculty-specific courses, please click on this link
Digital uplift in news
For more information:
If you would like to consider accessing support for your course through Digital Uplift, please contact your Head of School and Associate/Deputy Dean of Education first.
For specific queries, contact us at DigitalUplift@unsw.edu.au