This page describes:
When to use
The Edit course settings page is where you go when you have completed your course-building, to make the course available to students. See the instructions below.
The Edit course settings page is one of several places where you can tailor your course's home page to the needs of your course and your students. On this page, you can choose:
- the page format
- the number of weeks or topics in the course
- the course start date
and whether and how various course elements will be visible to students.
Step by step instructions
To edit general settings for the the behaviour of the course and the appearance of the course homepage
- Locate the Settings block.
- under Course administration, click Edit settings.
- Make your changes to the settings.
- If you need more information about the function of a setting, click the information icon next to the name and a short explanation will pop up.
- Click Save changes.
- Check that you have hidden all the elements of the course you want to remain invisible to students, either by using the Hide resource/activity icon or the Common module settings (Visible field), or by placing conditions on them using the Activity completion controls.
- In the Settings block, under Course administration, click Edit settings.
- On the Edit course settings page:
- Under General, at Visible, select Show from the drop-down list.
- Make any other necessary changes. (Click the Help button for more information about each field.)
- Click Save and display.
- On the top right of the page, click on your profile, then click on Switch role to...
- Click on Student from the list to view the changes as a student will see them.
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.