Support for staff
The Lightbox Gallery tool enables you to create an image gallery in your Moodle course. When you set up a lightbox gallery you can enable commenting on images.
Before you create your lightbox gallery, upload the relevant images to the legacy course files area. To simplify this process, zip your files before you upload them, then unzip them inside legacy course files.
Step by step instructions
Create a lightbox gallery
- On the course home page, click Turn editing on at the upper right of the page .
- In the appropriate course section, click Add an activity or resource, then scroll down the pop-up menu to RESOURCES and select Lightbox Gallery.
- On the Adding a new Lighbox Gallery page, under General, enter a Name and a Description.
- Click Advanced and Show more... and choose the appropriate settings—for example, at Allow comments choose Yes.
- Click Save and display. Now you are ready to add images to the gallery.
Add images to a lightbox gallery
- On the course home page, click the link for the lightbox gallery.
- On the Showing gallery page, click Add images.
- On the Add images page, either drag and drop images into the box, or click Choose file and select image files using the File picker. When you have chosen all the images you want, click Add images.
- Click Turn editing on at the upper right of the page.
- On the Showing gallery page, click Choose below any image to caption, delete, flip, resize, rotate or tag the image, or to use it as a thumbnail.
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.