This page shows you how to hide the marks from student view for an entire category, for an individual grade item or course total.
Course total is set as hidden by default. This ensures that students do not see their grade until the instructor has finalised the grades and decided to release them. Unlike a Grade item or Grade category, Course total cannot be set to unhide at a specified time (Hidden until), it must be manually shown by the instructor.
Assignment grades can be rendered invisible to students in several ways other than through the Gradebook:
Step by step instructions
Grade items are usually visible when you first set them up.
To hide category or item marks:
- Navigate to the Gradebook: in the Settings block, under Course Administration, click Gradebook Setup.
2. Click Setup and display the view for Categories and Gradebook setup.
3. Click Edit for the item or category
- To hide a category or item until further notice, click Hide. The change takes effect immediately. To unhide, click Edit agian and select Show.
- To hide it until a certain date, click the Edit Settings icon for the category or item and continue to the next step.
4. On the Grade category or Grade item page, select the Hidden check box and click Show more.
5. To specify when the grade will become visible, select Enable to the right of the date fields, and
6. Select the date and time the grade should be hidden until.
7. Click Save changes.