This page tells you how to change the way the Gradebook displays both to you and to your students, and how to move items from category to category.
Step by step instructions
- Change the way the Gradebook displays to you
- Filter by student name
- Move items between categories
- Make the Gradebook visible to students
- Change the way the Gradebook displays to students
To change your preferences in relation to the way Gradebook displays to you:
- In the Gradebook, select the Setup tab and the Preferences Grader report tab.
- Under Show/hide toggles, select what you want to display on the report. (Click the Help button for help.)
- Under Special rows, if necessary click Show more at the bottom of the page section and make your selections about how grades will display and be calculated.
- Under General, select whether you want to enable quick grading, and how you want various elements of the Gradebook to display during the grading process. For example, you may wish to show suspended students in the Gradebook. By default suspended students are not displayed.
- Click Save changes.
To filter your student by name:
- At the top of the Gradebook there are two navigation bars, one for each of First name and Surname. Click the first letter of the first and/or surname of the students that you want to filter.
- Only the students that have first and/or surnames that match those selected will be displayed.
- To remove filters click on All on the left band side of the name navigation bars.
To move existing grade items within or between categories:
- In the Gradebook, select the Setup tab and the Gradebook Setup tab.
- Click the Move icon for the item you want to move.
- On the resulting page, click the location (marked with a dashed rectangle) to which you want to move the item.
- The Gradebook redisplays with the item in the new position.
To move several grade items between categories, use the Select column:
- In the Gradebook, in the Select column (far right), select the check box for each item you want to move.
- At the bottom of the table, for Move selected items to, select the category into which you want to move the item/s. The items/s will display in the selected category.
- Click Save changes.
- In the Settings block, under Course administration, select Edit settings.
- On the Edit course settings page, click open the Appearance page section. At Show gradebook to students, select Yes.
- Click Save and display at the bottom of the page.
To change your preferences in relation to the way Gradebook displays to students:
- In the Gradebook, select the Setup tab and the Course grade settings tab.
- On the Course settings page, under General settings, select whether the category and course total columns will display first or last in the Gradebook reports (the Aggregation position), and the Min and max grades used in calculation.
- Under Grade item settings, select the Grade display type and Overall decimal points, if you are not using the defaults for those fields.
- Under Overview report, select whether, in the Overview report, you want to show students their class ranking, and whether you want to display or hide totals for categories containing hidden marks.
- Under User report, select what you want to display in the student’s individual User report. Click Help for assistance.
- Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.
- To check that the Gradebook displays as you want it to, view the User report for that student.