Support for students
If you experience any non-technical issues relating to your Moodle course, address your concerns firstly to your lecturer.
If you encounter a technical issue while using Moodle, here are some steps to that might help:
- If you have time, try performing the action again at a later time.
- Log out of Moodle, then log in and try again.
- Change browsers and try again. See System Requirements for supported browsers.
- Close down programs that may be slowing Moodle down, and try again.
- Restart, or shut down and reboot the computer and try again.
- Perform the action using a different computer.
- Check that your login credentials work in myUNSW.
- Check that your enrolments are correct in myUNSW. If you have just changed your enrolments, allow at least 48 hrs to pass before trying to access Moodle courses.
External TELT support
If your technical issue persists, email the external TELT Service Centre—note that this is not the UNSW IT Service Centre that supports Blackboard. This service centre hosts the Moodle servers and can handle some issues (such as access) and technical enquiries immediately; it also logs all calls for support and directs issues to the appropriate internal group.
To help them investigate the issue, include the following details in your email, or have them ready when you make your phone call:
- your name and student ID number
- the program you are studying in, e.g. MBT, Australian Graduate School of Management, UNSW
- the full name of the course you're studying
- the Moodle course URL
- if the issue relates only to a certain part of your course, the activity or resource URL
- your computer type, operating system, Internet browser and version details (i.e. PC laptop, Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8)—see the following page for information about Moodle system requirements
- whether or not you are using a UNSW SOE (Standard Operating Environment) computer
- a brief description of the issue you are experiencing
- a description of the steps you performed immediately before the issue arose
- any useful screen grabs, or the text of any error messages.
External TELT support's email address is: email@example.com
You can also phone the external Service Centre
(internal calls x53331; domestic calls (02) 9385 3331; international calls +612 9385 3331)
during the following hours:
- Monday–Friday, 7.30am–9.30pm
- Saturdays–Sundays, 8.30am–4.30pm