Support for students
To run Moodle effectively, you should, as a minimum, use the following system components. If you do not, Moodle may still work, but some functionality may be lost.
Workplace IT environments' internal configurations can also restrict the functionality of Moodle. Access to content may be affected, as may the possibility of uploading files. File size limitations may also apply. Workplaces may also have older versions of software, with which Moodle may not perform well.
You can access your Moodle courses using mobile devices, using the free My Moodle app. For assistance see:
Recommended: Win 7, Mac OSX 10.7+
Use a broadband connection (256 Kbit/sec or faster—this will ensure that you can view videos and online presentations) through USB wireless modem, ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable.
Dial-up access will be significantly slower, and we do not recommend it for using Moodle.
The recommended browsers are:
- Google Chrome 22 or later (recommended for optimal compatibility)
- Mozilla Firefox 15 or later—a free download is available from the Firefox site.
- MS Internet Explorer 9.0 or later—a download is available from Internet Explorer site.
- Safari 6 or later (please note that there are known issues with Safari and TinyMCE, the editor used in the text editor throughout Moodle)
- Opera 9 or later.
Note that add-ons and toolbars can affect any browser's performance.
If you have any difficulty accessing UNSW Moodle, check that you are using one of the supported browsers above before you contact external support.
If you are using MS Internet Explorer 9 and experience problems accessing Moodle, watch this video.
We recommend that the following be enabled:
- Popups (in both internet browser and security software)
We recommend that you use the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
We recommend that you use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
To view all the resources uploaded to Moodle, you will probably need to have Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or an equivalent (e.g. Open Office, Viewer) installed.
With all firewalls, ensure that you enable uploading of files.