Thank you for your interest. Due to the popularity we have temporarily stopped accepting requests.
Are you considering a future promotion and need to make a case about your educational contributions?
The Scientia Education Academy (SEA) is trialling a pilot mentoring scheme that provides individual feedback and personalized advice on promotion drafts, including:
- What does good teaching evidence look like?
- How can I strengthen my case?
The SEA Fellows can offer feedback in a variety of forms, such as written comments, discussions via meetings and through other interactions.
What are the benefits?
It is well known that effective mentoring brings positive outcomes for mentees, mentors and their organisations. There is a great need for academics at UNSW to have access to mentors who can help to develop their careers within academia. This situation is especially significant and timely for UNSW staff who are considering a future promotion along either EF or T&R lines - that is, those who need to make a case about their educational contributions.
How does it work and how do I get involved?
Email your expression of interest to SEAmentoring@unsw.edu.au with the following information:
- School and Faculty
- Type of promotion*
- Applying for promotion in 2018?
- Preferred method of how feedback is received
- Other additional information to be noted
* Please note that as of 25 June 2018, for Level E promotions, we are now only accepting expression of interests for future promotions (2019 and beyond).
Please email SEAmentoring@unsw.edu.au