2016 - 2025
The PVC (Education) Portfolio commenced in 2016 with the mission to deliver a set of integrated services to the UNSW community aimed at supporting the implementation of the 2025 Strategy. Through a series of focus groups, interviews and an online survey with key stakeholders, a review was undertaken of all the services currently provided by the PVCE Portfolio to determine whether they were aligned with UNSW strategic priorities, fit for purpose and structured and delivered in a fully integrated way.
Results from this review have been released and an overview is available for the greater UNSW community.
The PVC (Education) Portfolio needs analysis identified priorities across the university. Some of these include:
- A partnership model of engagement with faculties and divisions
- A requirement for support with blended and online course, program design and delivery service
- Academic staff development opportunities: both centrally and locally supported
- Improving student feedback through the CATEI system
- Access to priority teaching spaces
- The need for concise templates, toolkits, and on-demand educational resources
- Improving the student experience: better alignment of course content and assessment tasks, better technology in learning spaces, improving community in large classes, and offering work integrated learning activities and paid internships
The PVCE Portfolio has outlined a number of recommendations that will assist in meeting these identified priorities through an integrated service model approach. We will initiate a series of changes over the coming months to implement these recommendations and begin work on establishing the partnership model with faculties.
We look forward to engaging with the campus community in order to enhance the teaching and learning at UNSW and meet the goals of the 2025 Strategy.
Professor Geoffrey Crisp
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education)