From face to face to remote teaching
Would you benefit from support with redesigning your courses and assessments?
Get in touch with our Educational Solutions Consultation team.
As we continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and upcoming work place changes, the Pro Vice-Chancellor, Education (PVCE) portfolio is committed to providing educational support to teaching staff in transforming their educational practices to ensure the delivery of high-quality teaching and student satisfaction.
In collaboration with Faculties and PVCE teams, the Educational Delivery Services will continue to provide university-wide support through the ‘Educational Solutions Consultation’ team. This support will be ongoing as staff and students are expected to continue to work and study remotely until the university navigates a safe transition back to campus.
Leveraging current educational technology tools and evidence-based practices, the team will provide all teaching staff with the opportunity to have personalised individual or small group consultations and training with Faculty-based and Educational Delivery Service teams to redesign courses and assessments for online or blended delivery. We are working in close collaboration with Faculties to ensure consistency of recommendations that comply with Faculty/ School-specific guidelines. Each support request will be reviewed and triaged to the most suitable team.
Our team can support you with:
- Design for learning and teaching: Personalised course and/or assessment advice and (group) training workshops.
- Resource development: Educational advice and resource and/or assessment development such as building Moodle quizzes, interactive lessons or video/audio editing assistance.
(Please note priority will be given based on need and urgency of course deployment).
Note: For Smart Sparrow Lessons, PVCE is also available for individual consultations if you require additional support beyond the general training workshops. For more information on the Smart Sparrow Transition Project and workshops, please visit the Smart Sparrow User Community Teams site.
You can reach out anytime to request support. Please contact us via this form and the Educational Delivery Services team will aim to get back to you within 2 working days.
This support is aimed at providing pedagogical advice around designing courses and assessments for online delivery including recommendations on the most suitable technology tools and design of digital assessments specific to your course.
Additional remote teaching support
- For more information, resources and guides on teaching remotely, please visit the Teaching Remotely site.
- For technical support for services including theBox, Moodle, Echo 360, Turnitin and Collaborate Ultra please contact Educational Technology Services.
Virtual services including consultations and webinars are continuing here.
- The Educational Technology Services team have designed a reusable Course Map template which can be used by academics to give an overview of their course.
- The text fields are editable, so you can specify topics covered in lectures/ tutorials/ labs. You may also highlight the assessable components covered on weekly basis, and if preferred include the relevant percentage in the text fields.
- There is no expectation to utilise this in every course, however a course map may help your students to plan ahead during remote learning.