Researching Learning and Teaching
On this page you can find support resources and study opportunities available for higher education scholarship and research.
The Masters of Philosophy in Higher Education (MPhil HE) is a program designed to develop research capability in the field of higher education. This includes areas related to learning and teaching such as: assessment, curriculum, evaluation, language and literacy, student diversity, technology enabled learning and teaching in higher education, as well as academic leadership or management and policy in higher education.
Specific journals and databases on learning and teaching are available from the UNSW Library website. The interdisciplinary nature of higher education (HE) research means all Library Subject Guides can be used to locate scholarly resources. The Subject Guide for Education provides an overview of education specific resources.
For further assistance:
- contact your Faculty Outreach Librarian
- visit library Information and Support for Staff and Research and Teaching Support
- or see the Mobile website Map of Library rooms and resources.
Selected Australian links:
- Australian Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (Higher Education)
- Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE)
- Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
- Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT)
- Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ascilite)
- Group of Eight Australia (Go8)
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA)
- Universities Australia
Selected overseas links:
- Ako Aotearo - National Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence (NZ)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Carnegie Foundation for Higher Education (US)
- Higher Education Academy (UK)
- Higher Education Development Association (Hedda) (Europe)
- International Society for the Scholarship of Learning & Teaching (ISSOTL, US)
- New Zealand Council for Educational Research (NZCER)
- Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE, UK)
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) (Canada)