UNSW Graduate Capabilities
UNSW aspires to develop globally focussed graduates who are rigorous scholars, capable of leadership and professional practice in an international community - UNSW Blueprint to Beyond
The university has, thus, articulated the following Graduate Capabilities as desired learning outcomes for all UNSW students.
UNSW graduates will be:
Scholars who are:
- understanding of their discipline in its interdisciplinary context
- capable of independent and collaborative enquiry
- rigorous in their analysis, critique and reflection
- able to apply their knowledge and skills to solving problems
- ethical practitioners
- capable of effective communication
- information literate
- digitally literate.
Leaders who are:
- enterprising, innovative and creative
- capable of initiating as well as embracing change
- collaborative and effective team workers.
Professionals who are:
- capable of independent, self-directed practice
- capable of lifelong learning
- capable of operating within an agreed Code of Practice.
Global Citizens who are:
- capable of applying their discipline in local, national and international contexts
- culturally aware and capable of respecting diversity and acting in socially just/responsible ways
- capable of environmental responsibility.