Associate Professor Ben Golder is an experienced teacher in the Faculty of Law who has taught a range of courses but most often legal theoretical and public law courses. As a former Associate Dean of Education in the Faculty of Law, A/Prof. Golder has experience in peer reviewing and mentoring teachers across all levels but also knowledge of school, faculty and university level policies and procedures designed to quality assure and improve our teaching. He has experience in mentoring applicants with Faculty level teaching awards, promotion, peer review of teaching and, at a university level, SEIF grants. A/Prof. Golder is a co-recipient of two SEIF grants and have recently edited a volume on the scholarship of learning and teaching in law and legal education.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire if Ben is available to mentor you.
Learning and Teaching
- learning and teaching curriculum design
- peer review of curriculum
- formative peer observation of teaching
- general teaching methods
Learning and Teaching Awards, Grants and Promotions
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching award
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a UNSW Award for Teaching
- development of an application for a UNSW Scientia Education Investment Fund Program (SEIF) learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a UNSW promotion
- development of an application for a national learning and teaching grant
- how to establish and build networks
- how to decide on career priorities
- supporting critical reflection through listening and asking questions
Conditions for mentoring facilitation
- one-on-one mentoring
- 1-2 mentees at any stage
Academic level of potential mentees
- Any level
Willing to mentor within my discipline and/or across disciplines.