Large Scientia Education Investment Fund Grants (SEIF#1)
This project funding is to support the development, initial implementation and early evaluation of larger educational initiatives. There are no plans to allocate additional funding to sustainably implement educational changes recommended by the projects - a key principle of a project’s development is the sustainability of the initiative when the project funding ceases.
It is anticipated that large projects may run across 2 calendar years with a maximum budget allocation of $200,000 per grant. The budget can be used for the genuinely additional costs incurred in designing and delivering the project. It is expected that the project lead will justify the budget requested and how this funding will be used to develop, deliver and assess/evaluate the educational developments.
Given the strategic nature of the projects that will be considered for support with a UNSW SEIF Grant, an early conversation with the Office of the PVC(E) would be appropriate (if required).
Please contact the Office of the PVC(E) at LandTgrants@unsw.edu.au to arrange this.
- Information about the UNSW Scientia Education Investment Fund are available at: UNSW SEIF Grants Information Booklet (PDF, 170k, 7pages)
- The Application form with instructions is available at: UNSW SEIF Grant Application Form (Word, 100k, 4 pages)
- Submit your faculty endorsed (by Head of School or Dean) application to the LandTgrants@unsw.edu.au by the closing date.
UNSW Scientia Education Investment Fund Grants are open to all Faculties. The Dean (for SEIF #1) or Head of School (for SEIF #2) is considered the applicant. Project Leaders or those responsible for the conduct, management and deployment of project outcomes, must be full-time or part-time continuing members of UNSW staff. Conjoint, adjunct, fixed-term (less than 2 years) and/or casual staff may not be Project Leaders but may be members of project teams as approved by the Dean or Head.
UNSW SEIF Grant applications will be assessed by a panel chaired by the DVC(E), or nominee, against the following selection criteria, with grants allocated according to merit and strategic priority.
- Alignment with 2025 Strategy priorities
- The potential usefulness of the proposed project and its outcomes and benefits in significantly improving UNSW’s educational offerings or performance
- The strength of the conceptual and theoretical frameworks that underpin the proposed approach
- The appropriateness of the project’s proposed leadership and management arrangements
- The appropriateness of the project’s plans for the sustainability, evaluation, dissemination and integration of project outcomes and benefits in the practices of the applicant’s Faculty/School or UNSW as a whole
- The appropriateness of the project’s proposed budget and the strength of its justification.
Timelines and closing dates
Proposals for projects to be funded by a UNSW Scientia Education Investment Fund Grant will be called ONCE in 2017 for full commencement in 2017.
|Call for Proposals||27 March 2017|
|Close for Endorsed Applications||24 April 2017|
|Assessment and Ranking of Endorsed Applications||2 May 2017|
|Notification of Outcomes to Applicants||4 May 2017|