Common Moodle activities used for assessment, view the PDF below the images for direct links to Teaching Gateway guide pages.
The following pages provide information and step by step instructions to help you create assessment activities within UNSW Moodle 2.
- Create an assignment
- Set up submission of video (or audio) assignments using the Media Collection activity
- Submit a video assignment—guide for students
- Mark an assignment using Simple Direct Grading
- Mark an assignment using a marking guide
- Mark an assignment using a rubric
- Create and manage an offline Moodle assignment
- Set up and use Team Evaluation with a Moodle group assignment
- Use Turnitin with Moodle
- Overview including a comparison between the Moodle and Turnitin assignment tools
- Create and manage a quiz
- Create a UNSW workshop activity (peer review and self-assessment)—extends core Moodle Workshop activity with team submissions and calibrated peer review
- Use the gradebook
- Generate reports
The grading process (diagram)
The sequence of actions instructors complete when creating assessable activities in Moodle
For more general assistance with assessment, see the Assessment Toolkit.