You can use blocks to customise the look and functionality of your course home page. Think of them as shortcuts to critical parts of your course.
There are several kinds of blocks in Moodle.
Step by step instructions
Add a block to the course home page
- Click Turn editing on at the upper right of the page.
- Scroll down the left-hand blocks panel to the Add a block block.
- Click Add and select the block you require from the drop-down list.
- The page will refresh. Locate the block you have added in the blocks panel, click the Actions icon and select Configure (new HTML block) block from the drop-down list.
- On the Configuring a [block type] block page, specify where you want the block to display, then click Save changes.
Add content to an HTML block
The HTML block is the most versatile of all blocks. It can be used to add text, video, links to other sites and images.
- On the Configuring a (new HTML block) block page, click Expand all at the upper right to open all the page sections, and enter a Block title.
- Add your Content.
- Once you have added your content, click Save changes.
- Full description of blocks in Moodle
- YouTube block
- Course menu block
- Activities block
- Latest announcements block
- Random glossary entry block
- Completion progress block
- Course completion status block
- Level up! block
- McGraw Hill block
- Sharing Cart block
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.