You can include a calendar in a course by adding a Calendar block to a course page or the site front page. To insert the Calendar block on the course home page:
- Click Turn editing on at the top right of the page.
- Scroll down the left-hand blocks panel and, in the Add a block block, click Add and select Calendar. The page is refreshed, and the new Calendar block displays just above the Add a block block.
Configure the calendar and set your preferences
- In the Calendar block, click the Configuration icon .
- On the Configuring a Calendar block page, select which pages you want the block to display on, and its position among the other blocks, and click Save Changes.
- Click the month name. The detailed month view displays.
- Click Preferences at the top right of the page.
- On the Calendar preferences page, select how you want the time and the days of the week to display, and how you want upcoming events to display in the Upcoming events block, if you are using it.
- Click Save changes.
Add an event to the Calendar
- In the Calendar block, use the arrows to locate the month you want to display.
- Click the month name. An expanded month view displays in the right-hand panel.
- To create a new event, either click into the cell for the desired day in the calendar, or Click New event at the upper right of the page.
- In the New event popup window, click Show more to expand all the settings for the event.
- Enter the Event title, and select the event Date and time.
- Select the Type of event:
- A course event is viewable only to course members, created by teachers.
- A user event is viewable only by the individual user (you).
- A group event is viewable only by members of a group, created by teachers.
- Add a Description for the event.
- Complete the Duration details for the event:
- Select Without duration if you don't wish the event to have a duration.
- Select Until and select the date and time if you wish the event to end at that specific date and time.
- Select Duration in Minutes and enter the minutes if you wish the event to last for a specific amount of time.
- Complete the Repeat details for the event.
- Click Save.
- The Calendar page is displayed with the event marked on the calendar.
Edit an event
- In the Calendar, click on the event link.
- In the Event popup that displays, click the Edit button.
- In the Editing event popup, perform your edits and click Save to check your edits.
New in Moodle 3.5: If you wish to just change the date of an event, you can easily do that by dragging and dropping the event in the calendar from its current date to the new date.
Export a Calendar
You can export the Moodle Calendar for backup, copy or re-use. For instructions, see the Moodle Docs Using Calendar page.