This page tells you how to create a Choice activity, and how to view students' responses to a Choice.
See the following page for a comparison of Choice, Feedback and Questionnaire activities.
Step by step instructions
- On the course home page, click Turn editing on .
- In the relevant section, click Add an activity or resource, select Choice from the pop-up list and click Add.
On the Adding a new Choice page, click Expand all, then in the General section:
- Enter a Choice name.
- In the Description text box enter the question the students will make a choice about.
4. Select whether to Display description on course page and the Display mode for the choices you want the students to make (horizontal or vertical presentation).
- If you want to allow students to change their choice while the activity is still open, under the Options, section at Allow choice to be updated select Yes.
- If you want to allow students to select multiple options, at Allow more than one choice to be selected select Yes.
- If you want to limit the number of students who can select each option, at Limit the number of responses allowed select Yes.
- Enter each choice in an Option field, and enter Limit numbers if you have enabled limiting. Click Add 3 fields to form if you need to add more than 5 options.
- Under Availability, to restrict the answering to a time period, select the dates and times for which you want this choice to be available by filling the Allow responses from and Allow responses until fields. You can also select Show preview to make a preview available before the choice is opened for submission.
- Under Results, select whether you want results for this choice activity to display to students. If so, select whether you want the results to display anonymously, with an unanswered column and whether to include inactive/suspended users.
- Complete any further relevant sections of the page and click Save and display to check that the question and options display as you wish.
- On the course home page, click the Choice activity's link. The Responses page displays, where you can view a summary table and graph of the responses.
2. Click the link at the upper right, View [number of responses] responses. A second Responses page displays, with individual responders listed for each option.
3. You can select individual responses and delete them if necessary.
4. You can also download the responses in ODS, Excel or text format.