A sandpit course is a practice course in which an instructor develops and tests content and functionality before transferring it to a public course and making it available to students.
Sandpits are another way of keeping more complex course activities or resources under wraps until you are certain they are complete and will function as you want them to.
Log in to Moodle at https://moodle.telt.unsw.edu.au/login/index.php
- In the Navigation block in the left-hand panel of the page, click Sandpit Request form.
- On the Blackboard Migration Request form page:
- Select the relevant Faculty from the dropdown list. More fields will display.
- Select the relevant School.
- At Quiz migration, select the option Sandpit course - not to be used for official teaching.
- Enter a course short name, for example, JohnSmithSandpit.
- Enter a course full name, for example, John Smith – Sandpit.
- At User role, select Instructor from the dropdown list.
- In the available users' box, select your own name (you may have to scroll down or Search for it), and click Add to add it to the right-hand box.
- For the purposes of testing your course, you can also:
- add colleagues as instructors (repeat step 7 for each colleague)
- assign colleagues the student role (at User role, select Student, then select colleagues' names from the Available users' box, and Add).
- add "dummy" students:
- At User role, select Student.
- Below the Available users' box, in the Search field, type "dummy". All the available dummy student accounts will display.
- Select one or more dummy accounts and click Add to move them to the right-hand box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Submit.
- A confirmation message will display—if it doesn't, return to the Blackboard Migration Request form page and check that you have correctly completed all the fields mentioned above.
- Your request should be completed within the same day. If you do not receive a completion confirmation after this period, contact External TELT Support with a description of the issue and your zID:
External (02) 9385 3331
International +612 9385 3331
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.