IMS helps define technical standards for e-learning material. The IMS Content Packaging specification makes it possible to store chunks of material in a standard format that can be re-used in different systems without conversion.
You can upload and include such content packages in your Moodle courses.
This page provides upload and insertion instructions.
Step by step instructions
- On the course home page, click Turn editing on at the top right of the page .
- In the appropriate section, click Add a resource, scroll down and under RESOURCES select IMS content package from the drop-down list and click Add.
- On the Adding a new IMS content package page, enter a Name and a Description for the package.
- Under Content, eitherdrag and drop your IMS Content package into the box with the arrow or click the Choose a file to locate and add the package using the File picker, adding a file name, author name and license information in the selection pop-up window.
- Complete any other fields necessary and click Save and return to the course.