Follow these instructions to upload any package of Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) content to your Moodle course.
When to use
Use this tool when you want to upload to your Moodle course a resource or activity created using SCORM.
Moodle does not generate SCORM content. Moodle delivers SCORM content to learners, and saves data from learner interactions with the content. To create a package:
- You can also use SCORM authoring software. This is easier for non-technical users, but not as foolproof. Read this note about SCORM software before deciding whether to use it.
Step by step instructions
To add an activity to a Moodle course in a SCORM package:
- On the course home page, click Turn editing on .
- Into the appropriate section, drag and drop the SCORM package from your desktop (or from your Explore or Finder window).
- Click Edit under the activity and then click Edit settings.
- On the Updating: SCORM package page, click Expand all to open all the available page sections.
- In the General section:
- Change the package's Name, if necessary.
- Enter a Description of the package, including instructions for students if necessary.
- Under Appearance, click Show more at the bottom of the section, and:
- Select whether to Display package in a New window or the Current window.
- Adjust Width and Height of the display if necessary.
- Select the Options you want for this package. The Moodle Docs page on SCORM settings may be useful.
- At Student skip content structure page, select when the content structure page should display.
- At Display preview mode, select whether to allow a preview button to display, by which students can browse an activity before attempting it.
- Select whether to Display course structure on entry page, and where to display it in the SCORM player.
- If you chose to display the course structure To the side, select whether to Hide navigation buttons.
- Select whether and where to Display attempt status, i.e. a summary of the user's attempts. This can display in the Course overview block in the My home page and/or the SCORM entry page. By default this is set to My home and entry page, however if you do not want attempt status to appear on the Course overview, change this to Entry page only.
- Under Availability, Enable the fields and restrict the package's availability by date and time, if appropriate.
- Under Grade, select a Grading method, clicking Help for assistance. Also select the Maximum grade that can be awarded for the package.
- Under Attempts management:
- Select the maximum Number of attempts allowed.
- Select the method of Attempts grading if you are allowing multiple attempts. The Help for this field is very comprehensive.
- If you select Yes at Force new attempt, each time the student accesses the package, this will be counted as a new attempt.
- Select Lock after final attempt if you want to prevent the SCORM player launching once the student has used up all their permitted attempts.
- Under Compatibility settings:
- Force completed (applicable only to SCORM 1.2 packages)—If you select Yes, the status of the student's current attempt is forced to "completed".
- If you select Yes at Auto-continue, once one learning object is completed the next will launch automatically. If you select No, users will have to click Continue to move on.
- Complete the remaining pages as appropriate and click Save and return to course.
- On the course home page, click the package's link and check that it displays properly.
If you experience technical or other issues, consult the Where to get help page.