As part of the ongoing work to deliver quality learning and teaching spaces across UNSW, Learning Environments (PVC Education), in partnership with UNSW Business and Estate Management, have upgraded a number of CATS classrooms and Lecture theatres and created new shared student study spaces open to all UNSW students.
Key features of the newly refurbished Business and Quadrangle Teaching Precinct (Phases 1 & 2):
- 1,175 student study spaces including the newly activated Webster Courtyard
- 21 CATS classrooms upgraded to facilitate collaboration in classroom learning
- 8 CATS classrooms upgraded with embedded digital technologies allowing for greater innovation in learning
- 9 ‘turn and learn” CATS lecture theatres upgraded reinvigorating collaborative learning and student interaction both amongst themselves and with their teacher
- 4 flat floor CATS classrooms activated with power allowing students increased adoption of devices as part of their learning
- New passageway link between Level 2 of the Business School and Level 1 of the Quadrangle Concourse
- 3 reheat stations with microwave facilities (Business School: Levels 1 & 2, Quadrangle: Ground Floor)
This Teaching Precinct will further the active learning initiative, facilitating opportunities for flipped or blended teaching and providing students with the opportunity to engage in scholarly, collaborative and social learning outside of the classroom. It also supports the Inspired Learning Initiative creating an enriched environment for learning with access to study space, power and high-speed Wi-Fi.
Students and staff are invited to check out the new Teaching Precinct and let us know what you think through our iPad survey located in the student study areas. We look forward to seeing you there!