Professor Elizabeth Fernandez convenes courses in Lifespan and Health, Child Protection and Honours Thesis research. She has collaborated with the UNSW Pro Vice-Chancellor, Education (PVCE) Portfolio to develop and deliver a cross-disciplinary course in supervision for clinical teachers in Medicine, Optometry, Exercise Physiology and Social Work. Prof. Fernandez currently serves as a Peer Reviewer of Teaching with the PVCE Portfolio.
Prof. Fernandez's research and scholarship focus on society challenges: child maltreatment, early intervention, and child and family poverty, and she has been awarded eight ARC grants to support her research program. Prof Fernandez has published five books, several journal articles, book chapters and conference papers, as well as is the Associate Editor of two international journals. She is also an executive board member of the International Association for Outcome Based Evaluation and Research Research Awards.
Over time, Prof. Fernandez has been a recipient of the National Award for Outstanding Teaching from the Australian Council for Learning and Teaching, Research and Engagement, UNSW Award for Excellence in Research Supervision, and the 2019 International Society for Child Indicators (ISCI) Award in honour of Alfred J. Kahn and Sheila Kamerman in recognition of outstanding contribution to the field of child indicators research from an international perspective.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire if Elizabeth is available to mentor you.
Learning and Teaching
- learning and teaching curriculum design
- assessment and feedback
- convening a course
Learning and Teaching Awards, Grants and Promotions
- development of an application for a UNSW Award for Teaching
- development of an application for a national learning and teaching award
- development of an application for a national learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a UNSW promotion
- development of an application for a research grant
- conducting interviews and focus groups
- establishing a research profile
- how to establish and build networks
- how to decide on career priorities
Conditions for mentoring facilitation
- one-on-one mentoring
- 1-2 mentees at any stage
Academic level of potential mentees
- Any level
Willing to mentor across disciplines.