Learning and Teaching @ UNSW
On this page you can find support resources and study opportunities available for higher education scholarship and research.
The Master of Education (Higher Education) is a program designed to develop research capability in the field of higher education. This includes areas related to learning and teaching such as: assessment, curriculum, evaluation, language and literacy, student diversity, technology enabled learning and teaching in higher education, as well as academic leadership or management and policy in higher education.
Specific journals and databases on learning and teaching are available from the UNSW Library website. The interdisciplinary nature of higher education (HE) research means all Library Subject Guides can be used to locate scholarly resources. The Subject Guide for Education provides an overview of education specific resources.
For further assistance:
- contact your Faculty Outreach Librarian
- visit library Information for Teaching Staff and Researchers
- or see the Mobile website Map of Library rooms and resources.
The Australian Learning and Teaching Fellows website features a Resource Booklet describing the work and areas of expertise of all past and present Fellows. The Fellows have identified 9 "hot topics" for Australian higher education, as shown below.
In the Resource Booklet they indicate their areas of expertise or contribution in relation to each topic. The website includes contact details for Fellows, who may also be available for consultancy projects where resources and time permit.
Selected Australian links
- Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE)
- Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
- Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT)
- Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ascilite)
- Group of Eight Australia (Go8)
- Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA)
- Universities Australia
Selected overseas links
- Ako Aotearoa—National Centre for Tertiary Teaching Excellence (NZ)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching (US)
- Higher Education Academy (UK)
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISSOTL, US)
- New Zealand Council for Educational Research (NZCER)
- Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE, UK)
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) (Canada)