UNSW, Learning Environments (PVC Education and Student Experience), in partnership with UNSW Audio Visual IT has begun rolling out Dual Radio Microphone transmitters and receivers in Lecture Recordings+ enabled venues.
Starting from Term 1 2020, twenty venues will now have these microphones available for use which include a recharging station with a wireless lapel and handheld microphone. The Dual Radio Microphones allow for a two-way interaction between students and their teacher, increasing overall student engagement in a lecture class, clearer audio quality and the option to capture the participants' audio in Lecture Recordings+
The twenty venues containing Dual Radio Microphones are:
- Ainsworth Theatre G03
- Central Lecture Block (CLB) Theatres 1,2,3,4,5,7
- Columbo Theatres A, B & C
- Columbo CATS Room LG02
- Mathews Theatres A, B, C & D
- TETB Theatres LG03, LG05, LG07
- TETB CATS Room G16
- Rex Vowles Theatre
Make the most of the increased audio experience in your lectures
Key features of the Dual Radio Microphones:
- Physical microphone transmitters are located on the lectern in each of the four theatres being trialled (each set consists of one handheld and one lapel radio microphone)
- One extra wireless microphone channel allowing for two-way interaction between students and their teacher, increasing overall student engagement in a lecture class
- Clearer audio quality, providing students with hearing impairment the opportunity for closer collaboration with their peers and teacher, and less hearing fatigue
- Option to capture the participants’ audio in Lecture Recordings+
Easy to follow instructions, including contact details for technical support assistance, are available in each of the above locations. After the end of the trial, all feedback received will be evaluated and further recommendations made.
We invite staff to check out and try these new dual radio microphones. You can let us know your feedback by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!