Associate Professor Simon McIntyre is a multi-award winning educator, passionate about improving the effectiveness, quality and relevance of the student learning experience through innovative and pedagogically driven integration of technology. He is the Associate Dean Education at Art & Design, an Education Focussed Champion, and a member of the UNSW Scientia Education Academy.
Simon is an internationally recognised, multi-award winning educator, who is committed to helping UNSW evolve a diverse range of more adaptive, high quality, industry and research inclusive educational offerings suited to the needs of contemporary and future society. He is achieving this through his current service on 13 UNSW education and technology committees, and the in the forward looking design and development of innovative curriculum and professional development for academics. Simon has attracted over $2 million in grant funding to support a range of learning and teaching projects that have helped thousands of educators worldwide develop strategies to improve their online and face-to-face teaching practice.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire if Simon is available to mentor you.
Learning and Teaching
- learning and teaching curriculum design
- assessment and feedback
- convening a course
- integrating technologies into learning and teaching
Learning and Teaching Awards, Grants and Promotions
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching award
- development of an application for a faculty learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a UNSW Award for Teaching
- development of an application for a UNSW Scientia Education Investment Fund Program (SEIF) learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a national learning and teaching award
- development of an application for a national learning and teaching grant
- development of an application for a learning and teaching fellowship e.g. Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- development of an application for a UNSW promotion
- identifying leadership opportunities in learning and teaching, research and social engagement
Conditions for mentoring facilitation
- one-on-one mentoring
- 1-2 mentees at any stage
Academic level of potential mentees
- Lecturer A
- Lecturer B
- Lecturer C
Willing to mentor within my discipline and/or across disciplines.