Survey Approval Form
Applicants submit the completed form with details of the purpose of the survey, target population, survey design and intended commencement date to email@example.com.
Application forms for new survey proposals will be considered by the Survey Reference Group (SRG). Approved surveys will be displayed on the UNSW Student Survey Register.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Survey Approvals Process
Proposals will be considered by the Survey Reference Group (SRG), chaired by the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education). Application forms for approved surveys will be displayed on the UNSW Student Survey Register.
Specific information to be submitted includes:
- description and rationale
- survey population and demographic information
- survey method
- method of population sampling
- data collection and data storage methods
- a copy of the survey instrument
- proposed survey period (survey commencement and closing dates)
- appropriate procedures and contacts in the event of any complaint or other correspondence by respondents.
Applications for permission to survey students must be submitted at least three weeks prior to the commencement of a survey's fieldwork. This timing allows for scheduling clearance and appropriate access to population databases. Applications will be processed within ten working days of being received and are approved in the order they are received.
Surveys will be approved based on:
- the quality and completeness of the application;
- the potential conflicts with other surveys during the proposed survey period; and
- the potential impact of proposed communications.
Survey applicants are to consult the current Survey Register when proposing dates for data collection commencement and completion. Once the survey is approved, an extract from the application form will be displayed through the survey registry showing the contact details of the principal applicant and brief project details.