As part of the ongoing work to improve the technology available in teaching spaces across UNSW, Learning Environments (PVC Education) in partnership with UNSW Audio Visual IT, embarked on a new trial of Dual Radio Microphones which commenced in March 2019 (Term 1) and will conclude at the end of Term 3, 2019.
At the beginning of Term 3, 2019 and off the back of positive feedback, the Dual Radio Microphone trial has expanded to include four additional venues:
- Colombo Theatres A, B & C
- Colombo LG02
The initial trial which commenced in Term 1, 2019 will continue in the below locations across UNSW's Kensington campus:
- Mathews Theatre A
- Central Lecture Theatre 7
- Ainsworth Theatre G03
- Rex Vowels Theatre
A copy of the Dual Radio Microphone Trial User Guide (.pdf file opens in new window) which includes easy to follow instructions and contact details for technical support assistance is available in the above locations.
Make the most of the increased audio experience in your lectures!
Key features of the Dual Radio Microphones:
- Physical microphone transmitters are located on the lectern in each of the four theatres being trialled (each set consists of one hand held and one lapel radio microphone)
- One extra wireless microphone channel allowing for two-way interaction between students and their teacher, increasing overall student engagement in a lecture class
- Clearer audio quality, providing students with hearing impairment the opportunity for closer collaboration with their peers and teacher, and less hearing fatigue
- Option to capture the participants’ audio in Lecture Recordings+
We invite staff to check out and try these new dual radio microphones. After the end of the trial, all feedback received will be evaluated and further recommendations made. You can let us know your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!