This page gives you instructions for adding Voice Thread in your Moodle course.
When to use
VoiceThread is an activity that allows users to upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. VoiceThread supports over 50 different types of media. Users can comment on VoiceThread slides using one of five commenting options: microphone, webcam, text, phone and audio-file upload. Additionally, you can draw or annotate the multimedia you have uploaded when leaving a typed, video or audio comment. Users can keep a VoiceThread private, share it with specific group of people, or open it to all.
VoiceThread transforms media into collaborative spaces with video, voice, and text commenting. You can create a video about a topic that you want to introduce to students and require students to reply by leaving a text, audio or even video comment. You can also create a video Assignment that has questions embedded, that requires students to answer at least x number of comments in order to submit. You can also grade students and publish the results to the gradebook.
1. On the course home page, click Turn editing on , click Add an activity or resource, select External Tool from the pop-up list and click Add.
2. Select VoiceThread from the Preconfigured tool dropdown:
3. Click Save and Display. After you save the page, it should take you to VoiceThread landing page and you can setup the view:
- Course View – this is a landing page for all VoiceThreads related to this subject.
- Home – this is a home view and students will be able to view all VoiceThreads available to them.
- Individual VT – you can choose and link it to an individual VoiceThread that you created.
- Assignment Builder – you can create and setup an Assignment for students to submit later.
4. Please follow the prompts to configure your VoiceThread based on the setup criteria selected.
Staff and students are able to leave an interactive comment:
1. Type a Text comment
2. Voice comment by using your phone (if you do not have microphone setup on your computer)
3. Record an Audio Comment
4. Record a Video Comment
5. Add a Comment by uploading a file