This page provides step-by-step instructions on how to log in to Moodle, access a course and log out.
Click this link for instructions on logging in as one of your students.
Step by step instructions
Log in to Moodle
- Go to the Moodle Login/Web Single Sign On page.
- Enter your User ID (your staff number) and Password (your zPass) and click Sign on/Login or press Enter). The My courses page displays, containing a list of links to all your Moodle courses.
- Did your login fail? It's possible that your staff record is either suspended or inactive in the system. This is particularly likely if you are a sessional teacher. You may need to contact HR to be formally re-employed and added to the staff database, and may need to wait 48 hours for the changes to be processed. Note your password may have expired while you were unemployed and you may need to contact the IT Service Centre on 02 9385 1333 to have it reset.
Once you are logged in, if you are inactive in Moodle for a substantial period, your session will time out. When you next access the Moodle page, the Login page will display with the message:
"Your session has timed out. Please log in again."
- Log in to Moodle.
- Courses that you have access too will appear on the homepage. If you do not have access to the course, or if you have a long course listing due to having access to many courses, you may wish to use the search facility to find the course (click Moodle Home at the upper right of the page).
- Click the name of the course. The course home page displays.
To log out of Moodle, click Logout at the upper right of the page, next to the message, "You are logged in as..."