Self-directed learning and support materials for staff
Online Courses and Resources
Self-paced Moodle Tutorials
These self-paced Moodle tutorials contain resources and examples of activities. Feel free to explore and ask questions in the Q&A forum. Enrolment keys can be found in the course description.
Moodle resource sites
These Moodle sites contain resources and examples of activities. Enrolment keys can be found in the course description.
- WS2 Communication and Community Building
- WS3 Polling, Feedback and Surveys
- WS8 Collaborative and Reflective Learning
- WS9 Learning Pathways and Tracking Student Progress
- WS11 Voice Tools
Additional online courses and resources
- MediaUcreate A self-paced tutorial on producing media for education
- Discover Moodle This self-paced course will help you to familiarise yourself with the Moodle interface and tools. Enrolment key is Discover_Moodle
- Teaching online An online self-paced program (developed by the Epigeum group). Enrolment key is Epig_Stud
- Moodle Makeover Course – After and Moodle Makeover Course – Before are an excellent visual representation of the value of online course design. Perhaps suitable for a sharing practice session? (Enrolment keys: After Makeover, Before Makeover)
- Planning your use of Moodle course: This course is designed to allow participants to work through the topics at their own pace. Perhaps useful for a sharing practice or blended learning session? (Enrolment key: planning_course)
TELT Online Support
- ‘How-tos’ on all Moodle and associated tools, here.
- (Hint: use the search function to quickly find specific topics)
- How-to and technical questions for Moodle
- Email: email@example.com
- Log-in and course availability issues in Moodle
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of our monthly Webinars is to demonstrate new Moodle functionality, and to allow everyone the opportunity to engage with one another, share experiences and discuss Moodle issues.
To access these (and an archive of previous sessions) you should enrol into the Staff eLearning Forum. The enrolment key is Staff_forum
TELT Group in Yammer
You can participate in a Yammer network of UNSW TELT users to share issues and ideas.
Useful pages or external sites
- Lynda.com (unlimited access to high quality, current and engaging video tutorials on software, creative and business skills including Moodle)
- What Tools are Available in Moodle
- Moodle Docs (extensive user documentation)
- Using Technology in Teaching
- Teaching Online
- Selecting technologies
- Selecting Assessment Technologies
- Planning and Designing a Blended or Online Course
- Constructing Learning Outcomes
- Alignment of Learning Outcomes
- Evaluating a Blended or Online Course