As of Term 3, 2019, the Dual Radio Microphone Trial has expanded. Read more here
As part of the ongoing work to improve the technology available in teaching spaces across UNSW, Learning Environments (PVC Education), in partnership with UNSW Audio Visual IT, have embarked on a new trial of Dual Radio Microphones beginning in March 2019 (Term 1) and finishing at the end of Term 3, 2019.
Make the most of the increased audio experience in your lectures!
Key features of the Dual Radio Microphones:
- Physical microphone transmitters are located on the lectern in each of the four theatres being trialled (each set consists of one hand held and one lapel radio microphone)
- One extra wireless microphone channel allowing for two-way interaction between students and their teacher, increasing overall student engagement in a lecture class
- Clearer audio quality, providing students with a hearing impairment the opportunity for closer collaboration with their peers and teacher, and less hearing fatigue
- Option to capture the participants’ audio in Lecture Recordings+
The trial is being undertaken in four locations across UNSW’s Kensington campus:
- Mathews Theatre A
- Central Lecture Theatre 7
- Ainsworth Theatre G03
- Rex Vowels Theatre
Easy to follow instructions, including contact details for technical support assistance, are available in each of the above locations. After the end of the trial, all feedback received will be evaluated and further recommendations made.
We invite staff to check out and try these new dual radio microphones. You can let us know your feedback by emailing email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!