Courses are surveyed at the end of each Term / Semester. Students will receive one survey for each one of their courses. Each survey will include course questions and a set of teaching questions for each of their teachers.
myExperience survey administrators located in schools / faculties are responsible for assigning teachers to the correct courses in the myExperience system.
Monitoring response rates
Whilst your survey is open to students, you can access real-time information on the number of responses submitted via the Response Rate Dashboard.
Click the Response Rate link in your myExperience Dashboard.
The overall response rate for your courses will be shown in real time. Just refresh the page to get the latest response rate data.
Comment removal process
Following the release of myExperience reports, should a member of UNSW staff identify a comment that has potentially breached the UNSW Student Conduct Policy or duty of care responsibilities to students and staff as part of the NSW Work Health & Safety Act 201, a member of academic staff can request approval from their Head of School (or equivalent) to remove a comment from the published report.
The following outlines the current process for requesting removal of specified student comments:
- Request approval from the Head of School (or equivalent) to remove a comment from the published report. Send this request to the Head of School via email with the following information:
- Details for the course, semester / term, and staff name
- Include an exact copy of the entire comment to be removed
- List your reasoning for the removal request, e.g. "The comment includes profanities and has no constructive intent to improve the quality of teaching and learning at UNSW."
- Once the request is approved by the Head of School (or equivalent) in written form, please email it to myExperience@unsw.edu.au, the request will be processed promptly
- Should the comment be approved by the PVCE to be removed, a new report will be released without the comment. Please note that the comment is not deleted. It will be archived for legal purposes.
myFeedback matters is an editable Moodle dialogue template that enables you to communicate what you have implemented in your course to enhance the student learning experience.
It is important to respond to student feedback so that they recognise that their constructive feedback contributes to improvements in their learning and teaching.
Course improvements addressed can be derived from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to, student feedback from the myExperience survey. Improvements addressed may relate to specific course assets including resources, activities, support and/or evaluation (RASE)
Instructions on how to edit the template are available on the myFeedback matters page.
The link in Moodle to the editable template looks like this: