This process is voluntary and simple to complete.
Course questions are linked to a single component of the course (e.g. Lecture or tutorial). On login to the system, this component will be displayed in your list.
Please note – you do not need to be teaching in this component in order to add the course question. If your course/s are being surveyed, look out for an email with the subject ‘myExperience survey – your opportunity to add an additional question’.
If you are co-convening a course, all convenors will have access to the additional course question task. We recommend that you agree between yourselves which question is to be added, and then that one person takes responsibility for adding the question.
How to Add an Additional Survey Question
If you would like to add an additional question you can follow the instructions below or view the training video in Moodle. You can self-enrol in the Moodle course by using the key myexperience!
- You will receive an email with the subject 'myExperience survey - your opportunity to add an additional quetion'.
- This email will contain a personalised link to your question selection page.
- Click on your link, and sign in with your zID and zpass. Don't forget to include your zID@ad.unsw.edu.au
- You will be taken to the question selection page.
- You will see a list of courses. This list includes question selection for adding questions to both the course and teaching questions.
If you teach/convene on multiple courses you can add a different question for each, or choose the same question for all courses.
If you are the course convenor and a teacher for the same course, you will see two duplicate links on your list – one to add an additional course question and one to add an additional teacher question. e.g.
- Course questions - ARTS1000 History of Honey (Lecture M1A 000)
- Teacher questions - ARTS1000 History of Honey (Lecture M1A 000) (Joe Bloggs)
- Click on each course link to add an additional question to the standard questions. The question bank will appear as per your role in the course.
- The additional questions are arranged in sections. Click on the ‘Show Section’ drop-down box under the section heading to view the available questions.
- If you would like to add a question, click ‘Select’ next to the relevant one.
Once you have selected your preferred additional question, you can see how it will appear to students using the ‘Preview Questionnaire’ button.
Note – The preview will always open to the Course Questions page of the survey.
To preview the Teaching Questions page, you must answer the mandatory course questions (your responses will not be captured as part of the survey), then click ‘Next’ at the bottom of the page.