Our Learning and Teaching Forum is the annual platform for all UNSW academics and community to share good practice in learning and teaching.
Embracing Change: Creating Opportunities - Tuesday 26 November 2019
Assessment and Feedback: Developing assessment and feedback practices that support student learning, while balancing student and institutional expectations.
Collaboration and Partnerships: Working in partnership to develop quality programs, courses and learning experiences.
Course Design: Designing for flexibility, authenticity and expanded opportunities for student engagement.
Forum Program and Registration
This year's keynote is Associate Professor Kathryn Sutherland from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. Her presentation Changing Contexts and People in Higher Education: Holism and Akoranga, will challenge different ways of being, teaching, learning, researching and working in universities, underpinned by research on holistic academic development and ‘akoranga’, the reciprocity of teaching and learning.
Kathryn’s research and practice has three main areas of focus: the experiences of early career academics; holistic academic development; and working in partnership with students to improve teaching and learning. She is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a co-editor of the International Journal for Academic Development.
Read more about Kathryn here
- 2018, Semester 2, 26 Oct - Partners in Learning: Connecting Communities
- 2017, Semester 2, 1 Nov - Educational Excellence: Transforming Futures
- 2017, Semester 2, 15 Aug - Student SpeakOut: Shaping the UNSW Community
- 2016, Semester 2, 31 Oct - Towards 2025: Inspiring Learning
- 2015, Semester 2, 16 Oct - Blended Learning: Past, Present and Future
- 2015, Semester 2, 15 Oct - Standards-Based Assessment: What does this mean for higher education?
- 2014, Semester 2, 8 Oct - Personalised learning: What is it? How do we do it?
- 2014, Semester 1, 9 May - Moving Feedback Forward: Innovation and Opportunity
- 2013, Semester 2, 1 Nov - Engaging Students in the Blended Learning Landscape
- 2013, Semester 1, 10 May - Learning and Teaching Forum on Online and Blended Education
- 2012, Semester 2 - Assessing for Inclusivity: A Global Education at UNSW
- 2012, Semester 1 - Assurance of Learning
- 2011, Semester 2 - Assessment: Feedback and Beyond
- 2011, Semester 1 - Assessment as Learning
- 2010, Semester 2 - Assessment <of, for, =, in> Learning?
- 2010, Semester 1 - Focusing on Assessment
- 2009 - Engaging the Learner, Recognising the Teacher
- 2006 - The Advancement of Learning: Assessment and Beyond
- 2004 - The Postgraduate Coursework Experience: Meeting the Challenges
- 2003 - The First Year Experience